I awoke this morning to terrible news of Israelis bombing Palestine, again… This sad reoccurrence enraged me to boiling point. I can no longer stand the West’s cowardice in this conflict. We dick around the issue with no real solutions being proposed. I want to see action. I want to see Israel destroyed and the Palestinians returned their homeland. The fact that I hate Israel does not make me an anti-Semite. There are thousands of Jews who march against Israel as well. I just find our white guilt nauseating.
Today Israeli President stated, “None of us can say how long it will take”, and Defence Minister Ehud Barak said Israel, which is blockading Gaza, was gathering ground forces at the frontier and would expand its operation “as much as is necessary”. This is why I side with the Palestinians. Yes, there is mass killing on both sides. Blame is to be spread on all. However, what I find disgusting is that it is the Israeli military killing innocent civilians. The Isaeli President himself stated today that it is, “complicated,” because there are those targeting civilians. Well then, why don’t you order them to stand down?! Or, here’s another idea, don’t initiate the attack in the first place! At least when the Palestinians attack, it’s rouge extremists. The Israeli military openly murders men, women, and children. Just today in Beit Hanoun, in the northern Gaza Strip, two sisters were killed in a air raid as they were taking out the trash near their home, medical workers said. Later a security man was killed in a strike on a headquarters in Khan Yunis and Israeli missiles flattened five ministerial buildings and a structure belonging to the Islamic University in Gaza City! They don’t care what they hit, as long as it’s Muslims dying. We’re blinded to the GENOCIDE occurring by Holocaust guilt.
I’m sick of politicians not doing a single thing as year after year, hundreds of innocent Muslims and Arabs alike are killed. Everyone is too afraid to stand out against Israel for fear of reparations politically, degradations socially, or any other manner of self-destruction. Even my current hero, Barack Obama, realized what not going to pro-Israeli events would do to his campaign and career. This atrocity must end! Palestine must be set free, whether or not we consider Hamas to be a terrorist organization. They’re only terrorizing Israel for their freedom, which we stole out of white guilt!
Many propose peace, a bi-lateral state, meaning the two live together in coexistence with equal rights, (BS), all under the Israeli flag. Even now they try it, but the Israelis could care less. They step on the human rights of other to accomplish their means. For example, just last month, I watched a report on Al Jazeera TV. In it, a report was given about housing in the West Bank. Arabs had been given this specific portion of land for farming, living, etc. Just last year, several Israeli apartment complexes were put upon the land. The farmers had legal documents in Arabic, English, and Hebrew, but no one cared. This trampling of supposed “equals” makes me extremely distressed. A unified Israel will never work. How many times has peace been tried in the region. Every time they agree upon it, Israel breaks the treaty and bombs the living crap out of their Arab compatriots. No more must our guilt or fear of repercussions stand in the way.
Instead we must create two states, and break our alliance with the Israeli’s. Without the U.S. backing them, politically, economically, and primarily militarily, they would crumble within the year. This would not only create relative peace within the region for years to come, but ultimately, it would improve our standing with the Middle East beyond immeasurable means. Beyond that, when polled today, most Israeli's and Palestinian's want a seperate state.
09 December, 2008
Cheers to Elyse for this questionnaire game who's @:
1. Where is Alex's cell phone?
- In Alex's suitcase in his Parisian appartment; He's on Crete.
- Exact location unknown, but somewhere in the Belgian or Dutch region. Or it could possibly be that Polish ice skater he hung out with in Rome.
- Dirty Blonde in Greece, Dark Brown in Utah
- The world's number one art historian in Northern female artists.
- Get's on his nerve's alot, but loves him regardless.
- Barack Obama or Olympique Marseille
- Alex has not remembered a dream since he was a child. He has only ever remembered two or three in his lifetime.
- Married to a European, and ambassador to France.
- A smoky but exciting cafe in a desolate town of Crete.
- Stain glass production.
- Intimacy & Dick Cheney.
- In Paris with his Polish/Dutch/Belgian wife and kids.
- On a rocky yet gorgeous beach of Crete's northern coast.
- Forgiving, shy, humble or awesome.
- A girlfriend.
- Orem, with Paris being his second home and attended some school in Vienna.
- Lamb Gyros.
- Short beach shorts, leather sandals, and a traditonal Greek light cotton shirt.
- His computer screen.
- A lot of Greek stray dogs and cats, but used to have a goldfish for SEVERAL years.
- Whatever this cafe has...
- Flirtatious & Laidback
- His sister missionary whom he won't see for over 3 & 1/2 years; and his Polish girlfriend.
- His pair of Saucony's and occasionaly his Schwin road bike.
- Gamestop or Insport
- Was spent going to school, yipee...
- Kind of self-explanitory after reading the rest of the answers.
- OM Blues
- 20 minutes ago watching Buster Bluth from Arrested Development curse out his mother.
- He would be a macho and say men don't cry; but since I'm typing, last week, about...
MARK (THE SOLE GUY):